$1,000 SCHOLARSHIP FOR
HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
The NBCU Scholarship Award is offered to any high school seniors that are members of Norristown Bell Credit Union, have been accepted and are planning to attend college or technical school this fall. The award is granted to one student per year. To apply, the student must submit the following to the NBCU Board of Directors:
- At least two letters of recommendation from his or her teachers that provide information about the student’s curricular and extracurricular activities.
- The student will submit a letter of request to the NBCU Board of Directors stating why he or she should be considered for this award.
- The student will have a senior year grade point average of 2.5 or higher. This is to be verified by the high school via a current transcript. High school counselors may submit confirmation that this requirement is met via e-mail to CUEducationCommittee@nbcu.org
- Submission deadline is the last business day before Memorial Day each year.
To submit the information above for review, please send an email to CUEducationCommittee@nbcu.org. The Board of Directors will review and select the winner from all eligible entries. If any board members’ children submit an application, those Board Members will not be eligible to vote. If you have any questions about this award, please contact NBCU at the e-mail address above.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY CHAPTER OF
CREDIT UNIONS SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
The Montgomery County Chapter of Credit Unions Scholarship Award is available to any participating credit union member who is a senior in high school and is accepted to attend a college or university this fall. A scholarship of $1000.00 will be awarded.
To apply the student must be the following criteria:
Download the application here.
- The student must be a member of one of the participating credit unions in the Montgomery Chapter of Credit Unions.
- The student will submit an essay on “With respect to your future education, how do you think you can promote your Credit Union in your community?” to the Montgomery County Chapter of Credit Unions Board of Directors.
- To be eligible, the student must include confirmation that He/She belongs to a named participating credit union.
- The student is required to have a senior year grade point average of 3.0 or higher. This is to be verified by the high school, transcript or report card, in addition please include a copy of the 2 or 4 year accredited college or university acceptance letter.
Submission deadline is Friday April 3, 2017.
Submissions can be sent via email or in-person to:
Montgomery Co. Chapter of Credit Unions Education Committee
C/O Stephanie Newbert
Norristown Bell Credit Union
1407 Erbs Mill Road
Blue Bell, PA 19422
The Board of Directors will select the winner; however immediate family of any Board Member is not eligible to apply. Winner will be notified by May 2, 2016 and MUST be available to attend Chapter Meeting on May 18, 2016 to accept the award.
If you have any questions regarding any of the requirements for this award, please contact the Education Committee referencing the Montgomery Co. Chapter of Credit Unions Scholarship via e-mail at MontcoScholarship@nbcu.org.